Cindy has recently left a rewarding practice in Georgian Bay Ontario, to move to the West Coast. Besides wanting to avoid the harsh winters in the East, she is excited about the active healthy lifestyle in Vancouver.
She brings extensive experience and knowledge from her holistic background as a Massage Therapist of over 30 years, Yoga Instructor and Rubenfeld Synergist (a body centered approach to psychotherapy).
Cindy is a well-rounded practitioner who likes to treat all ages using a wide range of techniques including Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage, Swedish Massage, Energy Techniques, Trager and home care Yoga Tune Up self-massage ball routines.
As a Yoga Instructor she believes in the power of breath and relaxation to facilitate the healing process. Her treatments focus on a balance between therapeutic massage and relaxation to rest and restore the nervous system.
Cindy likes to educate her clients in self-care, helping them to be an active participant in their healing process and continued recovery.
Education & Training
- 2014 Yoga Tune Up Therapy Ball Practitioner
- 2012 Indian Head Massage
- 2002 Rubenfeld Synergy Method
- 1992 Upledger Institute Level 2
- 1990 Upledger Institute Level 1
- 1987 NISA, Neuromuscular Integration & Structural Alignment
- 1986 Trager Practitioner
- 1984 Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy
- 1981 Bachelor of Arts degree: Universite du Quebec a Trois- Rivieres
- Registered Massage Therapist since 1984
- 28 year successful Massage Therapy practice in Georgian Bay, Ontario
- Served on the board of the Ontario Massage Therapist Association(OMTA)
- Clinical Supervisor at Kikkawa College for the Student Public Clinic
- Taught Relaxation Massage at Georgian College
- $120 – 60 minutes
Techniques & Treatments
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Anxiety release, PTSD& trauma
- Therapeutic and Yoga based exercises
- Relaxation & Breathing techniques