Heidi Joy Brown
Heidi has been practising as an RMT since 2006. Her love of treating people with massage stems from its ability to allow her to express both her analytical and creative sides.
In her practice, Heidi primarily uses Myofascial Release (MFR) to help with postural re-balancing while also incorporating Muscle Energy Techniques, Joint Mobilization and Trigger Point Therapy. She also does Scar Tissue Mobilization, working with both recent and older scar sites including, but not limited to, abdominal scarring and other post-operative sites. She treats a variety of clients, from athletes training for a marathon or those just getting into exercise, to office workers looking for relief.
Heidi has a wide variety of interests including bicycle adventures, hikes with her dog and nutrition. Currently she is taking a plant-based nutrition course as well as working towards completing her health science degree. She is also an artist who’s work is on display and for sale at the clinic.
Your health is in your hands and Heidi is keen to support your goals towards a healthier, happier lifestyle. Most importantly, Heidi has seen that a successful therapeutic relationship begins with trust, and she strives to cultivate that with each of her clients.
- 2013 Fascia Structure and Function-The Spine
- 2012 Fascia Structure and Function-The Pelvis
- 2011 Fascia Structure and Function-The Shoulder Girdle
- 2010 Visceral Listening Course
- 2009 Visceral Manipulation Level 1
- 2007 Deep Tissue Myofascial Release
- 2006 Anatomy Trains Level 1
- 2005 West Coast College of Massage Therapy
Techniques & Treatments
- Myofascial Release
- Postural Balancing
- Deep Tissue Release
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Joint Mobilization
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Visceral Manipulation
- Prenatal and Post Pregnancy
- Swedish Massage
- Initial appointments are 55 minutes: $120
- Subsequent appointments are 55 minutes: $120